Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Maybe I'm not so good at this...

OK...I'll admit it.  I'm a not as good at this as I thought.

My wife is visiting her sister and our newly arrived nephew in Arizona.  If you do the math, that means I'm at home with my 2 and 4 year old.  Yeah...I'm tired.   You know, the left eye twitching kind of tired.  Don't get me wrong.  I've got lots of help from gracious people in our church, which by the way, makes me think they know something I'm just coming to terms with.

My wife is infinitely better at being a parent than I am.  And I'm not just saying that because I miss her, she is and I am proud of her for it.  Perhaps this is what God saw in Adam when He looked at the crown of His creation and said, "It is not good for man to be alone..." (Genesis 2:18).  

Perhaps this is what Solomon was hinting at when he wrote Proverbs 31.  "An excellent woman, who can find? She is more valuable than precious jewels.  The heart of her husband safely trusts her..." (Proverbs 31:10&11).  

And it is what I am realizing now, I need my wife.  I can't do this without her and I don't want to.

Many women have done excellently.  But you my dear, surpass them all! (Proverbs 31:29)

No comments:

Post a Comment